Valerie Patterson, RN, MSN, HCSM
What is the Role of a Nurse Navigator?
Patients do not have to go through this journey alone, we are here for them.
- Guide patients through the health care system -
- Coordinate services
- Help patients access health care options
- Facilitate completion of appropriate insurance applications
- Provide access to community and social support services
- Work with community groups to increase cancer health awareness and provide cancer health education
- Eliminate barriers to health care and ensuring timely delivery of services
Patient Benefits may include:
- Improved coordination of care
- Improved efficiency in use of resources
- Improved access to timely medical treatment
- Improved patient satisfaction with cancer treatment experience
- Improved access to financial resources
- Improved comfort level with health care providers and the health care team at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
Valerie Patterson, RN
- Associate Degree in Nursing from LSU New Orleans, LA
- Masters in Nursing with a focus in Health Care Systems
- Management from Loyola University in New Orleans, LA.
Twenty-three years of nursing experience