Rebecca Yorke, MD, Pathology
Over ten years in practice.
- Rice University (B.A.,1984-88)
- University of Texas, Galveston (M.D., with honors, 1993-97)
- University of Texas, Galveston (internship, Internal Medicine, 1997-98)
- Baylor College of Medicine (residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology 1999-2003; fellowship, Cytopathology, 2003-04)
Diplomate, American Board of Pathology: Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology
Publications and Editorships
- Gomez P, Yorke R, Ayala AG, Ro JY. Solid-pseudopapillary neoplasm of pancreas with long delayed liver metastasis. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011 Jun 3
- Yorke R, Younes A, Chirala M, Younes M. Receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B (RANK) is expressed as a late event during malignant progression in Barrett’s metaplasia. European J Cancer 2003.
- Yorke R, Chirala M, Younes M. C-kit protooncogene product is rarely detected in colorectal adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21:3885-3886.
- Yorke RF, Rouah E. Nocardiosis with brain abscess due to an unusual species, Nocardia transvalensis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003 Feb;127(2):224-6.
- Williams-Bouyer N, Yorke R, Lee HI, Woods GL. Comparison of the BACTEC MGIT 960 and ESP Culture System II for growth and detection of mycobacteria. J Clin Micro. 2000; 38, 4167-4170.
- Yorke RF. Informed evaluation of pathology residency programs: a guide for pathology resident candidates. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2000; 124, 853-858.
- Medical editor, Diagnostic Pathology: Cytopathology, ed. D. Mody, Amyrsis (in print, 2014)
- Section editor, Cytopathology, Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (2014)
Awards and recognitions
- 2013- Presidential Award, Texas Society of Pathologists
- 1997-William L. Marr Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine
- 1997- Gold-Headed Cane Award Finalist: One of eight graduating medical students peer-selected for dedication to the interests of patients
- 1997 - American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow Memorial Award
- 1996- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- 1995-Most Outstanding Clinicopathologic Correlations, UTMB Pathology
- 1988-1993 -Merit-based Graduate Scholarship, Rice University